Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Birthday Girl

Caroline's birthday is at the end of November, and I wanted to make her a special outfit this year. I love the shirts at EM Tanner, so I ordered the Birthday Girl shirt....and then I started to work!

This is the shirt I ordered

And this is what I did to it!


I added the ribbon on the sleeves, the fringe on the bottom, and the polka dots and writing are now covered in sparkles!

Caroline loves her shirt!

Next, I took an old pair of her blue jeans that were a little too short for her and trimmed another 1 1/2 off of the bottom hem. Then I cut 2 different fabrics to make the bottoms of the jeans.




The best part about the jeans is that she will be able to wear them all the time! They go with so many of her tops, and I love to re-invent her pants each year. I also do this with her skirts and dresses! I always get 2 years out of her bottoms! And sometimes I can do it with her tops too!


This is the whole outfit!


No comments: